Sunday 5 January 2014

PROJECT 2: London Museum Postcards



This second assignment consisted of a branding exercise in which we had to create 16 A6 postcards based on our own personal impressions of London. We were asked to represent our different experiences / viewpoints visually. The design also needed to be laid out on one sheet of A2 paper for the final presentation.

My starting point was to list down as many London Museums as I could... then researched to see any that I may have missed. I wanted to create sixteen clear and coherent designs that, while looking visually similar / connected, clearly represented each museums' own unique identity. I researched all 16 of my chosen museums, and in each postcard I used fonts and colours that resembled their logos and official material. I also had the idea of displaying images of the museum's respective objects with barcode lines running through them - this was meant to show how every museum had its own exclusive identity.

The final design of the postcards focuses solely on the museum's most basic information (both in terms of the address and the representative graphics), giving everything an admittedly bare / minimal design. However this was all deliberate, as I wanted to showcase the museums in a frank, simple manner that could be accessed by anybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment